Rediscover Homeschool Retreat
Save the Date for next year - October 19-21, 2017
*more details about 2017 retreat to be announced the end of August
October 20-22, 2016
Scioto Hills is excited to partner with homeschool families. We look forward to providing an opportunity for your family to learn in an outdoor setting. This unique retreat includes outdoor education classes, classic camp activities, and more - each woven in a Biblical worldview.*This weekend is designed specificially for kids 4th-8th grade.
What to Expect? - Tentative Schedule
4:00 – 5:15 Registration & Settle In
6:30 Ice Breaker Games
7:00 Worship & Session
8:30 Free Time in the ARC
9:30 Class Rotation #1
10:45 Class Rotation #2
1:30 Archery / Summit
3:00 Class Rotation #3
4:15 Free Time
6:45 Worship & Session
9:30 Group Picture
9:45 Worship & Session
1:30 Last hoorah activity/closing
What does it Cost? - Pricing
Other Helpful Information -
- Parents are not required to attend with each child, BUT One Sponsor is required per 7 students
- Bedding is required - Sleeping Bag and or linens for a twin or queen bed are sufficient
- Camp is very casual, but very active. Please make sure campers bring good shoes! Also, we recommend sending older clothes that may return home well-worn.
- Extra spending money is optional. It can be used to purchase snacks at the Pop Shop, to buy camp t-shirts (approximately $16) and or other various camp souvenirs ($2- $15), and to participate in crafts, when they are offered ($5-$10).
Any Prescribed Medications child will need while at camp–
- All medications must be turned into the child's sponsor upon arrival, so please MARK CLEARLY all meds in Ziploc bag with camper's name and specific instructions. If possible, do not remove medications from the original container.
- Bible / pen / notebook
- Sleeping bag / pillow
- Spending Money (optional)
- Comfortable clothes – mainly shorts/pants and t-shirts
- Extra pair of shoes (one pair of shoes willing to get wet)
- Jacket and/or sweatshirt
- Bath towels / Washcloth / Personal Items (soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, hairbrush) – Please only send items that are not highly valuable; often items are left behind or arrive home well used.
- Water bottle
- Disposable Camera (optional)
- Please do not bring any electrical equipment (i.e. cell phones, games, radios, tape / CD / MP3 players / iPods)
- Please do not bring any snacks containing peanuts or peanut butter. Help us protect other campers with this life-threatening allergy.
Have more questions? Just give us a call - (740) 778-3279